Marie Yovanovitch is a superstar. Who ever heard of her before all this Ukraine stuff started? Who hasn't heard of her now? She is a walking, talking example of dignity under fire. She turned 61 on Veterans Day. And trump's gift was late in the mail. It didn't arrive until Friday. The president -- Boss Blubber -- only tries to ruin people he loves. Or fears.
If you had a choice of having a conversation with Yovanovitch or trump, you know who you’d pick. On the off chance that you don’t, the choice would between a bloviating tv actor and would be Stalin and an elegant, smart woman who spoke Stalin’s language at home in Connecticut and knows … stuff.
When you wonder what made America great, you need look no further than Yovanovitch. She’s educated, intelligent, dignified and looks like your mommy.
When you pit this woman against Boss Blubber now running our country into the ground, you have to ask yourself “where did we go wrong?” The answer is easy. Trash talking trumps all and trump is the greatest trash talker of the modern era.
He could have taught a master class to the NBA, which once was free of such nonsense but where it has festered and spread to the point where it’s best to wear earplugs or earbuds when watching a game in person or with the sound turned off if it’s on TV.
And as the NBA goes, so goes the rest of the basketball world. Even down to high school games.
That the windbag-in-chief tweeted trash talk about Yovanovitch while she was testifying on live TV is more than just witness intimidation, as if that weren’t bad enough. It’s a demonstration of the lifestyle that is turning America into Somalia or Kazakhstan.
Make no mistake about it, that’s the direction in which we are headed.
The other day, trump spent two hours at Walter Reed, the Pentagon’s medical center in the DC metro area. Why would he do that? Here are some possible reasons.
1. He suffered a fatal heart attack and a body double has taken over the presidency.
2. He suffered a suspected heart attack due to his pointedly unhealthy eating habits.
3. He went there for the “official” reason which was to get a head start on his annual physical -- which is three months down the road.
4. He was visiting and encouraging the hospitalized troops and thanking them for their service.
5. Hot nurses.
6. Weather was not good for golf.
7. Overseeing renovations. He is, after all, a builder… although not nearly as good at building as destroying.
8. Distributed rolls of paper towels to the patients.
9. His bone spurs were kicking up.
10. “We can’t tell you. Medical privacy, don’t-cha know.
Medical privacy? You mean like the tax returns? By the time this post sees the light of day, we may know the actual reason. But probably not.
In any event, in this story Boss Blubber has given us someone new to look up to, Marie Yovanovitch.
I’m Wes Richards. My opinions are my own but you’re welcome to them. ®
Please address comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
© WJR 2019